Wicomico Civic Center Exterior Project
The Wicomico Youth and Civic Center will undergo an exterior renovation project of the facility which is designed to increase public safety and to enhance aesthetics and the overall attractiveness of the venue.
AREAS OF REGIONAL IMPACT
The Wicomico Youth and Civic Center is one on the largest public gathering facilities in the Region. Beautifying the exterior will help the venue stay competitive when it comes to attracting new events to the area.
- Pending possible EDA Tourism Infrastructure grant, project could include expansion of box office, main lobby and additional entrance/food court in NW corner of venue.
- Phase I of project to bid out Spring/Summer 2021. Date set back to Spring/Summer 2022.
- Construction to begin Fall 2021. Date set back to end of 2022.
- Project scope expanded—total project cost expanded to $6.6 million October 2021.
- Application submitted to EDA for $5.5 million Travel, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Grant December 2021.