Wicomico County | Healthy Economy
A transition towards regionalization of healthcare with increased quality of care and services due to greater resources.
AREAS OF REGIONAL IMPACT
The consolidation of two long established LESMD Region healthcare systems will render a more seamless experience for consumers in Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties.
- Agreement to merge signed in Summer 2019.
- Federal and State regulatory process completed March 2020.
- Transition completed March 2020.
- Phase I McReady transitions to a free-standing medical facility (FMF) while a new facility (McReady Health Pavilion) is constructed nearby-expected to be completed second half of 2022.
- Phase II TidalHealth McCready Pavilion will operate out of the new facility, while the nursing home and assisted living facilities will remain on the existing site.